Did you know that the sport of boxing has been around as an Olympic sport since as far back as 688 BC (ancient Greece)? Today, boxing and kickboxing are used both professionally and amateurly amongst Adults, teens and even children who train and use boxing/kickboxing as a means of self-defense/keeping fit and even competitively. When it comes to kids and the disciplines of such sports, it is important to remember its not about putting a pair of gloves on and just launching punches at the opponent. Both boxing and kickboxing come with rules, of course some of the contact is lessened for kids and come with more of an understanding and respect for the sport.. some of the many benefits of boxing/kickboxing for kids include:
1. Respect: One of the most important disciplines in boxing/kickboxing is respect. Instructors will also often teach kids the importance of respect to all people in all areas of life be it parents, teachers, friends and even themselves- the limit is not just to the sport.
2. Discipline: Coming to sessions introduces routine for the kids, they learn what can and cant be done during a session, what behaviour is and is not acceptable- which will also be reflected in their behaviour outside the session as the discipline becomes second nature to them.
3. Social skills: Social skills are imperative to establish in your child and can determine how they react to social situations and people in years to come, especially when in a boxing/kickboxing class environment where they will be taught the concept of sharing, friendship as well as healthy conflict resolution.
4. Self-confidence: exercise in general has the ''feel good'' factor to it. It increases serotonin and endorphins in the brain and body and makes the body look and feel physically stronger, this can cement a child's self esteem and confidence in themselves seeing how their discipline and practice has changed the way that they feel physically and mentally and will in turn without doubt build a sense of security in themselves.
5. Coordination/motor skills: as your child becomes more and more engaged in the practice of boxing/kickboxing you will soon see them become more coordinated, less prone to injuries and gain a better awareness of their body and how they use it.
6. Physical health/fitness: It is essential for a child to understand the importance of health and fitness, the healthier a child is from early on, the more likely they are to stay fit in the future.
7. Memorization & retention: due to the nature of boxing/kickboxing's repetitive movements, memory & retention drills, a child will be left with improved memorization skills which can even be handy in life and academics.
8. Listening/focus: at a young age, focus can at times be limited; boxing/kickboxing can increase your child's ability to focus and improve their listening/reaction skills tremendously.
9. Self-defence: last but not least, your child will be equipped with skills for life of how to use their self-defence skills if need be in the unlikely event of an attack. this can give both you and your child the security that they will at least be in the basic know-how of what to do given such a scenario.
So if you are one of those parents who understandably tend to worry about the ill effects of combat/contact sports on your child, rest assured that contact is often limited at their age and they instead will reap the benefits of such a internationally well respected and highly beneficial discipline :)
** If youre interested in booking boxing/kickboxing sessions for your child or yourself or even together with Totalprecon- give us a call on +971525246758 or drop us an email at email@example.com
#boxing #kickboxing #kidssports #totalprecon #athletickids #kidsactivities #totalprecon #boxingdubai #dubaiboxing #dubaimums #dubaiexpats